Get to Know Us:
Kiernan Trebach LLP is a Civil Litigation Defense Firm that represents clients on a national basis, and maintains sixteen offices in nine states plus the District of Columbia, with local presence in several others. The firm’s expertise is frequently brought to bear in limiting exposure in major cases throughout the country. The wide-ranging bar admissions of our lawyers, and our experience as regional and national counsel to Fortune 100 and 500 companies position Kiernan Trebach to provide directed and consistent representation on a regional or national basis. Our practice is devoted exclusively to the representation of corporations, insurers and self-insureds in the defense of litigated matters.
Kiernan Trebach LLP is seeking an attorney Barred in D.C and M.D. or V.A. (triple barred is a plus) with 1-5 years of insurance coverage experience to join our growing team in the Washington, DC office.
The ideal candidate will have insurance coverage experience in multiple areas, including:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella
- Commercial Excess Insurance
- Experience defending a variety of Civil Litigation matters is a plus.
- Experience with counseling insurance companies about insurance matters.
- Experience representing insurers in coverage litigation.
- Experience writing motions and other legal memoranda, summarizing depositions and trial preparation is preferred.
Required Education & Licensure:
- Active District of Columbia Bar License (Required).
- Active Maryland/Virginia Bar, and/or ability to transfer UBE scores (Preferred).
- Being able to waive into the MD or VA bar and having multiple bars is ideal, however, we are willing to consider candidates with only one bar.
Benefits for Full-Time:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 401(k) & Profit Sharing
- Life and A&D Insurance
- Flex Spending Program
**Kiernan Trebach LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, ethnic background, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability or genetic information.**