Get to Know Us:
Kiernan Trebach LLP is a Civil Litigation Defense Firm that represents clients on a national basis, and maintains sixteen offices in nine states plus the District of Columbia, with local presence in several others. The firm’s expertise is frequently brought to bear in limiting exposure in major cases throughout the country. The wide-ranging bar admissions of our lawyers, and our experience as regional and national counsel to Fortune 100 and 500 companies position Kiernan Trebach to provide directed and consistent representation on a regional or national basis. Our practice is devoted exclusively to the representation of corporations, insurers and self-insureds in the defense of litigated matters.
Kiernan Trebach LLP is seeking a Paralegal with 2-5 years of experience to join our growing team in the Boston, MA office.
As a Civil Litigation Paralegal in our Boston Office, the following duties would be expected of you:
- Reviewing and Analyzing of New Case Files and Medical Records.
- Gathering Medical Records and other Discovery via Subpoenas, Authorizations, Social media etc.
- Tracking, Organizing and preparing Discovery Materials going to counsel, experts and other witnesses.
- Assisting Attorneys with Trial Preparation and Legal Research.
- Service of Guardianship notices to patients in local facilities.
- Organization and Maintenance of files in our document management system.
- Other General Office Administration Functions.
- Demonstrate creative thinking, strong research skills, superior verbal and written communication skills is required.
- Microsoft office proficiency, attention to detail and strong research skills, with programs such as Lexis Nexis, are required.
- Significant experience obtaining medical records, preparing medical chronologies and deposition summaries is preferred.
- Experience working with attorneys defending matters of Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Product Liability, Employment Law, Transportation, Construction Defect and other areas of Civil Defense is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience following the legal process in the preparation and service of Subpoenas in the Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut jurisdictions is essential.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proactive work style, taking initiative to anticipate attorney needs.
Required Education & Licensure:
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Paralegal (Required)
- Litigation Experience (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate/Licensure (A Plus)
Benefits for Full-Time:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- PTO / Sick Leave Accrual
- 401(k) & Profit Sharing
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flex Spending Program
**Kiernan Trebach LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, ethnic background, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability or genetic information.**