Get to Know Us:
Kiernan Trebach LLP is a Civil Litigation Defense Firm that represents clients on a national basis, and maintains sixteen offices in nine states plus the District of Columbia, with local presence in several others. The firm’s expertise is frequently brought to bear in limiting exposure in major cases throughout the country. The wide-ranging bar admissions of our lawyers, and our experience as regional and national counsel to Fortune 100 and 500 companies position Kiernan Trebach to provide directed and consistent representation on a regional or national basis. Our practice is devoted exclusively to the representation of corporations, insurers and self-insureds in the defense of litigated matters.
Kiernan Trebach LLP is seeking a seasoned Legal Assistant/Secretary with 5+ years of experience, to join our team in our Washington, DC office and support multiple lawyers’ litigation matters in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
As the Legal Assistant/Secretary in our DC office, the following duties would be expected of you:
- Drafting and Formatting Letters and Legal Documents
- Scheduling Depositions
- Managing Travel Arrangements
- Time Entry
- Calendar Management
- E-Filing Motions and other Pleadings
- Organizing Discovery Materials
- Trial preparation
- Processing Records
- Billing Edits
- Managing Expense Reports
- Other General Office Administration Functions
- Strong working knowledge of document preparation requirements and filing procedures for Court submissions in local Circuit and District Courts – DC, MD & VA.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Proactive work style, taking initiative to anticipate attorney needs.
- Familiarity with document management systems.
Desired Experience, Education & Licensure:
- 5+ years of Legal Support Experience (Preferred)
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Insurance Defense Experience (Preferred)
Benefits for Full-Time:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- PTO / Sick Leave Accrual
- 401(k) & Profit Sharing
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flex Spending Program
**Kiernan Trebach LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, ethnic background, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability or genetic information.**