Get to Know Us:
Kiernan Trebach LLP is a Civil Litigation Defense Law Firm. Our mission is focused on a slow and sustainable growth process to create a diverse working environment while remaining sensitive to the needs of our employees and their families. Kiernan Trebach has become respected for our effective defense of clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to individuals and small business owners. We take pride in knowing our clients, understanding what they want, and exceeding their expectations.
Kiernan Trebach LLP is seeking a Paralegal with 5+ years of experience to join our growing team in the Boston, MA office.
As a Paralegal in our Philadelphia, PA Office, the following duties would be expected of you:
- Reviewing and Analyzing New Case Files and Medical Records.
- Gathering Medical Records and other Discovery via Subpoenas, Authorizations, Social media, etc.
- Tracking, Organizing, and preparing Discovery Materials going to counsel, experts, and other witnesses.
- Assisting Attorneys with Trial Preparation.
- Legal Research.
- Service of Guardianship notices to patients in local facilities.
- Organization and Maintenance of files in our document management system.
- Other General Office Administration Functions.
Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant experience and the following credentials/skills:
- High School or GED
- Demonstrate creative thinking, strong research skills, and superior verbal and written communication skills required.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, attention to detail, and strong research skills, with programs such as Lexis Nexis, are required.
- Significant experience obtaining medical records, preparing medical chronologies and deposition summaries is preferred.
- Experience working with attorneys defending matters of Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Product Liability,
- Employment Law, Transportation, Construction Defect, and other areas of Civil Defense are preferred.
- Demonstrated experience following the legal process in the preparation and service of Subpoenas in the New Jersey jurisdiction is essential.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proactive work style, taking initiative to anticipate attorney needs.
Required Education & Licensure:
- 5+ years of experience as a Paralegal (Required)
- Litigation Experience (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate/Licensure (A Plus)
Benefits for Full-Time:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- PTO / Sick Leave Accrual
- 401(k) & Profit Sharing
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flex Spending Program
**Kiernan Trebach LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, ethnic background, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability or genetic information.**